Dear Parents and Carers
Congratulations and well done to all our teachers and families for your efforts with remote learning. We are very excited to commence the staggered return to school with Kinder and Year 1 returning this Monday October 18, followed by Years 2 to 6 on Monday October 25. Outlined below are the many measures which have been implemented to ensure that the safety and wellbeing of all staff, students and families is maintained.
- We will be resuming on-site under Level 3+ restrictions. Children must remain in their separate Stage cohorts for learning activities, sport, playtime as well as afternoon pick up and bus lines. Face masks are compulsory for all staff and visitors to school and encouraged for Primary students. Regular hand washing and use of sanitiser is also encouraged daily. The classrooms are cleaned very thoroughly each day and ventilation in all classroom spaces is a high priority. Windows will be opened to ensure adequate air flow, supported in addition with ceiling fans and air-conditioning. Parents to help stop the spread of Covid we urge you if your child/children are unwell or have flu like symptoms please do not send them to school. We don’t want an outbreak at St Bede’s as we want all our community to stay safe and well.
- The school is only open for essential visitors or to support the delivery of the school curriculum. Unfortunately, this means that we are still unable to welcome parents back on-site. Please say goodbye to your children and collect them in the afternoons from the rear of the school, using the small and/or large gate at Elrington Street. This will avoid unnecessary congestion at the front gate with the students catching the bus. Parents please ensure you maintain social distancing of 1.5m with other parents. Bus children will enter and exit the school from the front gate as usual. There will be an extra teacher on duty at both entry and exit points before and after school. Parents and carers are only to enter the school grounds if a staff member has requested you too. Alternatively, please call the front office on 4842 2413 so that we can assist or support you with any enquires.
- At this stage we are also not able to hold excursions, conduct private music lessons, assemblies, Class Masses or any school productions that include singing and dancing. It is anticipated that Kindergarten Orientation will be able to occur during Weeks 7 and 8 as planned.
- Unfortunately, the Year 5 and 6 camp has had to be cancelled. All families have been refunded the amount invoiced in the Term 2 fees for camp; This refund has been credit to your school fees. Half of the money raised during fundraising activities will go towards end of year celebrations for Year 6 with the remainder being held over for the 2022, Year 6 end of year celebrations.
- The celebration of First Holy Communion is permitted to go ahead and will occur on Sunday November 21 at 10:30 am at a special mass for the candidates and their families. The regular Parish Mass will be held at 6pm as usual.
The ongoing COVID situation means that we largely operate on a day-by-day basis with planning of school events and activities. It is with very grateful hearts that we are able return onsite to school this term. We must remain aware that this situation can change very rapidly at any given time. Attached with the newsletter today are is some additional information to help keep our school Covid safe. (Please see the end of this section)
During the past two days, following an in-class selection process, some of our Years 3 to 6 students participated in the NR Public Speaking competition. This year St Bede’s was the host of the competition and it was presented online through Teams. A huge congratulations to all our students, Jolyon, Edie, Stella, Daisy = 3rd, Ivy - 3rd, Isla, Rosalie - 1st and Benjamin, who presented speeches at our school competition and at the NR competition. A huge thank you to our adjudicators, Germaine Hannaford and Jackie French and to Ged Galvin for his organisation.
Please keep our Braidwood community in your prayers and continue to be thankful for the small everyday blessings around us.
Looking forward to a great term ahead.
Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi
(Prayer for Peace)
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace:
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.
O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Save the date - First Eucharist (take two)
Save the date - First Eucharist (take two)
Thank you to all our students and parents for being so understanding regarding the postponement of our celebration. We have set a new date and are hopeful that we will be able to celebrate the Sacrament of First Eucharist on Sunday 21st November at 10:30am.
More details to follow closer to the date to ensure that we are complying with the most current COVID guidelines
Our school counsellor, Ryoko is available each Thursday, during the school term, for online sessions. If you think your child would benefit from seeing Ryoko, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. The links for parents to access counselling are provided below:
JUMP ROPE FOR HEART NEWS
Thank you to ALL the students who were involved with Jump Rope for Heart this year.
Jump Rope for Heart has concluded for this year. Thanks again to all the students and families who were involved. Together we raised an incredible $8476, which is our highest ever amount and well over our initial goal of $2500. This money will all go towards vital heart research and education programs. As a school we logged over 204 skipping hours!
Congratulations to our top fundraisers and skippers. All students who participated will receive a certificate of thanks and prizes (if applicable) once we return to school.
Top fundraiser – Rosalie – $701
Top skipper – Frankie – 27 hours
Keep up the skipping and thank you for your hard work!